Wednesday 3 December 2008

All or nothing *_*

If I realise that I can't get or achieve something for some reason I don't want it anymore. I'm not satisfied with alternatives or consolation prizes. Don't get me wrong, it's not about giving up, it's about wanting the best. Either I can have it or I can live without it! It's about extremes, about not wanting to admit or to even see that there is something between the extremes, just like Milan Kundera described it in his novel "The unbearable lightness of being" (one of my favourite novels): Perceptions are determined by edges, powerful light and total darkness. Extremes draw edges, beneath which life comes to an end and the worship of extremes in art and in politics as well is nothing else but a hidden death desire. (It's not the accurate quote, I just translated it from Hungarian).
Bottom line is all or nothing, living on the edge, one way or the other, no compromises!

No comments:

Post a Comment